When my daughter was born over six years ago she completely rocked our world!
We ended up as accidental bed-sharers. It was the only way anyone got sleep. At first this was okay, she was a brand new baby, naturally she wanted to be close to her mom and have easy access to nurse.
As time went on, it was working for us less and less. She woke up minutes to an hour after falling asleep at bedtime. I would be in and out over and over multiple times before finally bringing her to our bed where she nursed all night long.
I felt so stuck, because I didn't want to do leave my baby to cry it out, but I knew I couldn't keep going on the path we were on.
I had no time for myself, I had a now toddler tied to me all day and all night. My husband and I had no time to connect, have a conversation or watch a movie in the evening. It was slowly killing us!
Some of my training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- GURD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroenterologist who graduated from Harvard Medical School.
Sign up to schedule a time to talk with me and get clarity around what is going on and if you are ready to fix it once and for all!